And just like that, we are celebrating moms yet again. It’s time to dial it in a notch and get ready to increase your online presence.
Greeting cards, flowers, and special outings are the norm. However, clothing, accessories, and housewares are becoming increasingly popular.
Shoppers who buy Mother’s Day gifts look for a gift that stands out – something out of the ordinary that results in a special memory.
Have you heard about our Personalization feature? Your target audience is most definitely looking for something unique. Shoppers under the age of 25 will definitely appreciate this feature because it enables them to personalize the gift to their liking.
Every spring, millions of shoppers turn to online shopping in search of a perfect gift. With plenty of products to choose from, what better way to celebrate all the hardworking moms than with a cozy blanket?
Not entirely sure if you should get on the blanket bandwagon just yet?! Hold that thought. We got something for ya. Say YES to 50% OFF our original sherpa blankets. The decision-making process just got easier.
FYI, this offer won’t last – it’s first come, first serve. We have enough inventory for a while, but once the stock is gone, we won’t be reordering anymore. Still, there are plenty of other blankets that can be substituted in if you choose to continue offering blankets to your tribe.
Don’t forget that your customers can personalize blankets and other garments too.
Check out CustomCat’s Personalization Guide to get started.
Keep on reading. This all-in-one marketing and design guide is a good stepping stone to get started with Mother’s Day marketing.
Mother's Day Trends
- Self-Care – is used quite often, it includes anything from meditation to mindfulness
- Spiritual Wellness – consists of mantras, crystal healing, and essential oils
- Fit Mamas – are getting in shape after having babies
- Meal Prep Moms – enjoy living a healthy lifestyle
- The HGTV Binger-Watchers – love all renovations and upgrades
- Momtrepreneurs – juggling both motherhood and self-employment
- Movie Buffs – Bad Moms, Bad Moms 2
- Detoxing Moms – are opting to be fully present with their loved ones
- All Things Green Moms – love to surround themselves with plants and they tend to grow at-home gardens
- “Must-Have Coffee” Mamas – some moms just need a bit of caffeine boost to get the day started
- Plastic Free Moms – are environmentally cautious of their actions
- Mothers themselves – moms deserve extra TLC on any given day, especially on Mother’s Day
- Step Moms – moms who have stepped into a role of motherhood deserve a shout-out too
- Mothers-In-Law – are here to stay
- Adoptive Moms – moms who literally will do anything to become a mother
- First Time Mom – motherhood is the hardest job of all, thank yous are appreciated
- Expecting Mom – soon to be moms are vulnerable, a cozy blanket helps to ease the pain
- Grandmothers – it’s always a good time to spoil grandma
- Moms of Fur Babies – dog and/or cat moms
- Single Dads – when dads take on the role of mother, they deserve appreciation too
- Aunts/Godmother – a perfect day to remind them how special they are
- Wife – cozy blanket is a nice gesture as the husband gives props to the mother of their children
Marketing Strategies That Work
- Add a clickable Mother’s Day section to the main menu
- Create Gift Guide Posts
- Send emails with direct links to your Mother’s Day collection
- Share products across all social media platforms
- Create Mom-focused board on Pinterest
- Host a giveaway
- Highlight Personalization
- Partner up with influencer mamas
- Use Instagram Story Polls To Engage Potential Clients
- Reach out to past buyers (2-5 Years Ago)
- Run Youtube Ads
- Do Facebook & Instagram Live with your products / BTS
Create a Mother's Day Sale Promotion
There are a few tools that you can use to create inviting visuals to promote your Mother’s Day products.
Canva – free web design tool, offers professional, easy-to-customize templates such as E-books, Infographics, Business Card, Email Header, and more.
An upgrade is available: Try it free for 30 days and add extra features such as the ability to resize your designs for different platforms.
Unsplash – is a stock photography website. According to Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, and CNET, Unsplash is considered one of the world’s leading photography websites for like-minded creatives.
Unsplash license gives the right to “copy, modify, distribute, and use the photos for free – including commercial purposes, without asking permission. But it prohibits selling unaltered copies, including selling the photos as prints or printed on physical goods.
Use The Power Of Social Media
Forums / Online Groups
Depending on your industry, you may want to take a more in-depth look at online forums and groups. Not only are they a great source of inspiration for your next design, but they may be the key source of your income.
Create a Mother’s Day-themed board on Pinterest. Pinterest is a visual platform mainly used by females to find shopping inspiration. Upload high-quality images and steer away from blurry photos.
Pinterest is a free tool that is underused by many ecommerce sellers. People scout all corners of the internet to purchase gifts for Mother’s Day. Use this free tool to kick-start your Mother’s Day selling.
Mother’s Day can be much more than deals and discounts. Why not use Instagram’s donation sticker? The donation sticker will let you raise funds for a non-profit organization of your choosing.
Does your brand stand for more than generating profits? Invest in helping others, even if it’s making the tiniest difference.
Facebook is a platform that continues to hold its position as the number one social media platform to market your business. Check out some of our Facebook guides to help get you started.
Reddit allows its users to share and discuss a wide range of topics. Reddit can be a place to find inspiration when you need some quality design ideas.
Reddit can also be a place to hang out and talk with other small-business owners and get the inside scoop on entrepreneurship. Reddit users can help you discuss small-business issues and get your spirits up when you are feeling down.
Reach out to mom bloggers
Mom tribe is the real deal. Moms love to stick together and help other moms on their journey through motherhood. If you are in an industry where this kind of exposure can play in your favor. Go ahead, ask mom bloggers to give you a shout out. One of the best ways to get a positive response is by doing a mutual shout out, where both parties share each other’s information to their audience.
Boss Moms are like-minded entrepreneurs who happen to be moms. Mompreneurs are juggling all things at once – being a wife, mother, and businesswoman. For working moms, it may seem like there is never enough time to get things done.
Design a collection that will inspire mompreneurs to keep plugging away with to-dos and never-ending responsibilities.
The Goal-Oriented Mom
Motherhood is a full-time job. Some moms may lack the motivation to pursue other goals on top of taking care of a child. Let your designs speak for themselves.
Design a collection that helps moms thrive during their first year of motherhood.
There is no bigger fan than a sports mom. Sports mom spend a third of their life cheering on their kids from the sidelines or stands.
Design a collection that speaks louder than a cheering mom in the stands.
Design a collection that targets moms that are fiercely protective of their children.
- Coffee & Cubs
- Mama Bear
- I am a mom and a nurse
- It’s my duty to protect and love
- Strong as a mother bear
- Mama loves her little cubs
- Mama Est. 2001
- I protect what’s mine
Other Design Ideas
- The Helicopter Mom – a mom that follows their kids anywhere
- Wine Mom – a mom that is always up for a glass or two
- Workout Mom – a mom that takes any chance to get in a quick workout
- Zen Mom – a mom who is calm and controlled, she is in touch with her inner goddess and keeps her emotions in check
- Free-Range Mom – a mom that is very hands-off parenting, the opposite of helicopter parenting
Twenty20 Order Guidelines
Many people know about Mother’s Day ahead of time, but only a few make plans beforehand. If your customers are like me, they will wait until the last minute to make a purchase. In Print-On-Demand, especially, it is an utmost priority to let your audience know about order guidelines.
If you plan to add new products or run a promo, remember CustomCat’s order guidelines.
Here are CustomCat’s Mother’s Day Shipping Guidelines:
In your copy, insert words like:
- One Day Only
- Two Days Only
- TODAY ONLY!
- The BEST one-day deals!
- 2 DAYS LEFT
- Ends Tomorrow
- You can still get an extra
- Last Day For
- Last chance to save
- Last Day to save
- Up to ___% Off today
- Time is running out
- Ending soon
- Almost over
- SAVE on FAVES
- SALE ON SALE
- Up to ___% Off This Week’s Deals
- Don’t forget this year
- Don’t wait until the last minute
- Order Early!
- Last call
- Final Day
- On Sale NOW
- This clearance won’t last
- Last minute deals
To Wrap This Up
Do you know why Print On Demand is so amazing? There is no overhead!!
By partnering with us, we take care of production and shipping. Cheers to a successful Mother’s Day selling!