In recent years, Instagram has blown up with the content we share. Many users often miss, on average, 70 percent of their feeds. In order to improve user experience on the platform, Instagram recently rolled out a new algorithm to harnesses the power of engagement and shared stories to cultivate deeper relationships.
How does the Instagram algorithm work?
The Instagram algorithm dictates the order of the posts that users see when they’re scrolling through their feed. Do you want to know how to reach your audience without spending countless of hours on this app? Implement these steps to reach your ideal audience stress-free.
Use Effective Call-to-Actions
Each post should have a call to action. Ditch the sales pitch! Instagram is a simple invitation for users to get to know you and your business. Show up as an individual and business owner to win the trust of your followers. Shy away from old-school pursuing techniques that kill your sales. People like to buy, however, they don’t want to be sold to.
I can assure you this – some percentage of your Instagram followers are not in need of your products at some point in time. You have to add value to the table (quotes, memes, your story…etc). Make them stay! When the time comes and they are ready to buy, you are the first business that pops into their minds.
Don’t constantly sell products, add value instead.
Here are few effective (non-selling) Call-To-Actions that you should implement to your Instagram strategy.
- We’d like to hear from you
- Double tap if you agree!
- Share your story in comments
- Double tap if you find this funny…etc.
- Learn more about us by following the link in our profile
- Tag 3 friends below who might need this (product)
- Get yours now
- Find out more by clicking the link in our profile
- You might also like (product)
- Talk to us
- Become an ambassador
- Get involved (charity/donation/cause)
- Subscribe to our blog
Convert Followers To Clients
It’s hard to believe in the world of fake news and social media, Instagram algorithm focuses on developing deeper connections among followers.
You don’t need a large following to run a successful business.
Focus on serving your current followers. Get to know them. Show up for them. Connect with your followers on a deeper level and genuinely show that you care. The less you focus on hitting sales better off you’ll be. Drop the hunt for new followers. Put all your focus on satisfying your current followers instead. If they like the value you add to their life, they will eventually bring their friends to help you grow your brand.
Tell Better Stories
Did you notice that Instagram has transitioned from “Photo” platform to “Photo + Blog” Platform? Length of your caption is important now more than ever. The new algorithm changed everything.
How much engagement your posts get?
How long do users spend interacting with your posts?
How relevant are your posts to your ideal audience?
Instagram is no longer about a pretty photo and short caption. It’s much more than that. Use the algorithm to your advantage. Craft compelling stories that make your ideal customer stop and engage with your post.
Here are a few examples of how to craft a compelling Instagram story/caption.
- Remove visual references
- Let people use their own judgment and decide if the photo/product is “beautiful”, “sporty”… etc.
- Include call-to-action
- Use (non-selling) Call-To-Actions to promote engagement
- Ask a question
- Switch between open-ended, multiple choice and skill testing questions.
- Length Matters!!!
- The Informative Caption
- Here is an example, you sell products based on current events.
- Conduct your research. Present your opinion about a certain topic in your own voice and watch the sales grow.
- The Instructional Caption
- Are you a designer yourself? Show your audience a taste of your designing skills by incorporating how-to-tutorials or snippet of your workflow.
- The Behind-the-scenes Caption
- Your audience wants to see the real you!!! Let them know about your personal struggles and small victories along the way. They will appreciate your honesty.
- The Informative Caption
- Create effective hashtags
- Create 10-11 effective hashtags for each clothing category. Don’t waste your time coming up with irrelevant hashtags on the spot.
That’s it, guys! Implement these strategies today and watch your Instagram following grow.