In recent years, Instagram has increased in popularity with the content we share. Many users often miss, on average, 70 percent of their feeds.
In order to improve user experience on the platform, Instagram’s algorithm strives to harnesses the power of engagement and shared stories to cultivate deeper relationships.
All call to action to every post. Ditch the sales pitch. Instagram is a simple invitation for users to get to know you and your business.
Show up as an individual to win the trust of your followers. Shy away from old-school pursuing techniques that kill your sales.
People like to buy, however, they don’t want to be sold to.
Some percentage of your Instagram followers are not looking to purchase products at some point in time.
Add value (quotes, memes, your story…etc). Make them stay.
When the time comes and they are ready to buy, you are the first business that pops into their minds.
Here are few effective (non-selling) Call-To-Actions that you should implement to your Instagram strategy.
- We’d like to hear from you
- Double tap if you agree!
- Share your story in comments
- Double tap if you find this funny…etc.
- Learn more about us by following the link in our profile
- Tag 3 friends below who might need this (product)
- Get yours now
- Find out more by clicking the link in our profile
- You might also like (product)
- Talk to us
- Become an ambassador
- Get involved (charity/donation/cause)
- Subscribe to our blog
Convert Followers to Clients
You don’t need a large following to run a successful business.
Focus on serving your current followers. Get to know them. Show up for them. Connect with your followers on a deeper level and genuinely show that you care.
The less you focus on hitting the sales qouta better off you’ll be. Don’t chase followers, focus on satisfying your current followers instead. Word of mouth spreads fast, if they like your brand, they will eventually bring their friends to help you grow your brand.
Instagram transitioned from “Photo” platform to “Photo + Blog” Platform. Length of your caption is important now more than ever. Other important things to look for:
- How much engagement your posts get?
- How long do users spend interacting with your posts?
- How relevant are your posts to your ideal audience?
Instagram is no longer about a pretty photo and short caption. It’s much more than that. Craft compelling stories that make your ideal customer stop and engage with your post.
Here are a few examples of how to craft a compelling Instagram story/caption.
Remove Visual References
Let people use their own judgment and decide if the photo/product is beautiful or stunning.
Use (non-selling) Call-To-Actions to promote engagement
Ask A Question
Switch between open-ended, multiple choice and skill testing questions.
The Informative Caption
- Sell products based on current events
- Present your opinion about a certain topic in your own voice
The Instructional Caption
- How-to-tutorials or snippet of your workflow
The Behind-the-scenes Caption
- Your audience wants to see the real you!!! Let them know about your personal struggles and small victories along the way.
Create 10-11 effective hashtags for each clothing category.
That’s it, guys! Implement these tactics today and watch your Instagram following grow.