This article was originally published in June 2018; it has since been updated. Enjoy!
Independence Day is a long-awaited holiday that requires planning and extensive preparation.
Over the Fourth of July weekend, people tend to spend money over a short period of time.
Are you ready to reach them with these marketing strategies?
But first, let’s look at some statistics.
According to Statista, In 2016, online sales of physical goods amounted to 360.3 billion US dollars and are projected to surpass 603.4 billion US dollars in 2021.
Apparel and accessories retail e-commerce in the U.S. is projected to generate over 121 billion U.S. dollars in revenue by 2021.
Independence Day deals usually begin as early as the third week of June right after Father’s Day.
Standard attributes (brand, gender, type, size, and price) do not evoke an exciting purchase experience. Instead, curate holiday-themed collections that evoke curiosity to click-through. Generate the ‘WOW experience”. For instance, apply the holiday – themed model to your ecommerce store and become the “cool store” that everyone wants to buy from.
Product Bundle Options
This marketing tool helps to sell more items in one encounter. For instance, combine two or more products to create greater value for the customer. Bundling is perceived to be less costly in comparison with an individual product. Put together an outfit of a day at a discounted price. In case the customer wants to purchase a single item from the bundle, have a single-purchase option available.
Fourth of July brings fireworks, barbecue and beach crowds. Beach-goers consists of sunbathers, surfers, vendors, and people-watchers. They present a great opportunity to take your artwork and turn it into a profitable business. According to Travel+Leisure Venice Beach, Miami Beach, Coney Island are the most crowded beaches in America.
Fourth of July is a popular time to check out hometown celebrations and parades. Independence Day is all about making life-long memories. Here are our top products to make 4th of July comfortable and patriotic.
Put Together Holiday Guide
Blogs are considered an integral part of our online culture. According to Statista, a number of bloggers in the United States is set to reach 31.7 million users in 2020. Blogs attract millions of internet users in pursuit of building an engaging community around their business. Blogging builds trust among your customers. Always strive to provide VALUE, whether it is holiday tricks or sharing your very own ecommerce experience.
- 4th of July Fashion Inspiration: Put together a guide of top-selling products in red, white and blue colors. Don’t forget to add links for easy access to provide a great customer experience.
- Red, White & Blue Wall Art Decor: Share some ideas of patriotic designs. Include How to guide on how to arrange Canvas, Posters and Wall Flags to spice up a room or two.
- Create a 4th of July workout plan: Share simple body-weight ideas to get back into shape post-Independence Day festivities. Include workout merchandise to inspire and prompt the audience to buy and exercise.
- Create a Must-Have Essentials for 4th of July Picnic: Picnics are affordable for everyone to enjoy. Feature patriotic & environmentally friendly products Stainless Steel Water Bottle & Travel Mugs to keep our Earth garbage free.
- 4th of July Fireworks & Pets Guide: If you own a pet and you have experienced 4th of July fireworks, put together a guide on how to minimize the effects of the noise on our four-legged friends. Don’t forget that during a day, people love to dress up their furry friends. Include products such as Doggie Bandana, Retractable Dog Leash, and Dog Tags.
- Bags that fit everything one will ever need for the 4th: Wheather your customers are off to a parade or on a way to a different state, they all need to pack their belongings into something sturdy. Include tote bags, coolers, etc.
Build An Interactive Landing Page
A landing page is your first impression. Make it count. Create a personalized experience for your customer. Take your audience on a personal adventure. Curiosity leads to clicks.
Landing page should include:
- CTA – Contact Form
- Visual Samples (one to three products)
- Description of the products
Live unboxing is an excellent way to prompt your customers to share their experience with the world hence more eyes on you. Therefore, during the check out encourage users to share video on their social media to receive a discount code for their next purchase. In addition, don’t forget to add a branded hashtag for more visibility.
Create Themed Boards On Pinterest
Pinterest is one of the biggest visual platforms that you shouldn’t overlook. This platform is used to look for products, find inspiration and make a purchase. If you aren’t already displaying products on Pinterest you should definitely do so.
Prepare For The Biggest Patriotic Event Of The Year
Above all, Fourth of July will be here before you know it. Don’t leave what you can do today for tomorrow.